Monday, April 26, 2010

A Trip Through Hyderabad

I got a good dose of Indian driving today!  Very few stoplights and very few rules made for a very interesting ride.  Here's a typical shot with cars/bikes squeezed together to fill every possible space:

We went to two really cool places, Golcanda and Charminar.  Golcanda is a huge fort that was built around 500 years ago.
It sits on a hill so there was a lot of climbing up and down steps but it was worth it for the beautiful views of Hyderabad.
The fort itself had beautiful architecture.  Here's a shot I took during a light show at the end of the tour.


We then left the fort and went to Charminar, a very famous monument.
It was amazing to see structures from hundreds of years ago that are still used and admired today.

3 comments:

Eric said...

Great pics Chad. Thx. I am sure you don't have to worry about breaking the speed limit :-).

Tyler said...

Chad, you're such a push-over. I'm glad.

Chad said...

Eric - I don't have to worry for two reasons. First, I'm not doing any driving (you couldn't pay me enough money to try)! Second, there are no speed limits.